- Registered public audience
About the Event
Indonesia has the largest Muslim population in a country, yet it is lagging behind in its development of Islamic finance. To that end, the Financial Services Authority (OJK) laid out a 3-year development roadmap for a sustainable Islamic financial service industry in Indonesia in 2016. In the following year, President Joko Widow established the National Committee for Shariah Finance (KNKS) to promote Indonesia as a global financial centre for Islamic finance. In 2018, Indonesia became the first sovereign to price a USD green sukuk, amounting to US$1.25 billion, with the view of reducing the nation’s reliance on hydrocarbon resources to power the economy by financing green projects – ranging from renewable energy to waste management.
To further explore the opportunities Islamic finance can bring to the nation, and examine the expansion of Indonesia’s Islamic financial service industry including the adoption of a sustainable and responsible (SRI) framework for Islamic investment funds, the Asset financial magazine is hosting an exclusive roundtable discussion moderated by the managing editor, Mr. Chito Santiago, featuring Mr. Bryan Taylor, the COO of TLFF, as well as the following guests:
- Deputy Director of Islamic Economic and Finance Department at Bank Indonesia, Dr. Rifki Ismal;
- Founder of Blossom Finance, Mr. Matthew Martin;
- Chief Marketing Officer of CIMB-Principal Asset Management Indonesia, Mr. Mauldy Rauf Makmur;
- Chief Executive Officer of CIMB-Principal Islamic Asset Management, Dato’ Paduka Syed Mashafuddin;
- Head of Islamic Capital Market Division at the Indonesia Stock Exchange, Mr. Irwan Abdalloh;
- Portfolio Manager at PT Asuransi Allianz Life, Ms. Fitri Lindawati Lubis;
- Product Development Head at PT Indonesia Infrastructure Finance, Mr. Y Bayu Wirawan;
- Finance Director of PT Jasa Marga, Mr. Donny Arsal.