- Relevant ministries and agencies
- Provincial and district fishery offices
- Fishery businesses
- Demersal associations
- NGOs, relevant fishers organizations
- And the interested public.
About the Event
Indonesia is one of the main producers of snapper and grouper in the world. In order to achieve sustainable management of snapper and grouper fisheries, it is necessary to prepare the best data. Measurable policies are rooted in reliable data. However, data on snapper and grouper fisheries are spread across various parties, and therefore the diverse data sources and data processing need to be discussed and synergized.
Against this backdrop, the Indonesian Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries, in collaboration with the Tropical Landscapes Finance Facility (TLFF), The Nature Conservancy in Indonesia (YKAN) and the Indonesian Demersal Association (ADI), is organising a webinar to discuss best practice for demersal management, particularly in building an integrated data system that will serve as a strong foundation for policymaking.
During the webinar, you will hear first-hand about:
- Policy directions for sustainable fishery governance in Indonesia and strategies used in Indonesia’s fishery management areas
- Strategic instruments for fishery governance and the challenges of optimizing snapper and grouper fisheries
- Recommended strategies to optimize fishery data and lessons learned to date